<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="65001"%> Frequently Asked Questions


Q: How much will it cost to move my house?

A: Movinig a house or a building is not an easy process. There are many6 variables such as, the structure size, location, age, and more. The presense of a basement will bake the move more involved and affect the cost as well. Plase contact us for an individual house moving esitimate.

Q: Does moving a house or building reduce its integrity?

A: A qualified house or building mover knows how to position the equipment, gauge the weight, and properly transport your structure from one location to another.

Q: How long does it take to move a house or building?

A: Most movers can take anywhere from one day to several days depending on size, location, and age of the structure.

Q: Will the resale value of my house be the same if I move it?

A: Site location is one very important factor which contributes to a home's resale value. The relocation site must be carefully considered when planning the move. We recommend getting advice from a real estate broker in determining whether there will be a change in value. In most cases the house will be worth more because the building will be moved to a more desirable site that the owner has chosen for that very reason.

Q: Must I buy separate insurance to cover the house move?

A: Although Watts House Moving Inc. carries full comprehensive insurance to cover your house move, including structural damage from raising the house to transport to new site, it may be wise to buy short term insurance to cover unforseen problems over which we have no control such as previously existing structure faults and possible inadequate insurance coverage by any of your utility contractors.

Q: What permits or licenses are required for moving my house and who is responsible for getting them?

A: Watts house moving is responsible for the state and usually city permits if required. On occasion the customer will need to get building permits, customer is responsible for those. In the event that a house is too tall for us to lift the utility wire ourselves, the customer is responsible for expense of utility companies to accompany us on the move to lower wires for us. If that is the case, we will know before the move and let the customer know.

Q: Who is responsible for damage that could happen to other person's property while the house is being moved?

A: Watt's House moving is responsible for damage to any property while moving house or building to another location off site. Normally we require customer to get permission (sometimes written) from their neighbors to access their property as required. We can provide you with a certificate of liability insurance.

Q: Will I receive a written contract showing me responsibilites of parties involved in the move?

A: Details of the move will be stated in writing for your approval, we want you to be aware of the operation from start to finish.

Q: Can you build the foundation on which my house will be moved to?

A: Yes. We can do foundations and lay blocks for houses or you can hire it done separately if you prefer.

Q: What if I have questions that are not addressed in these FAQ's?

A: You can email us at wattshousemoving@yahoo.com or call us at (405) 932-5183 or fill out our contact form.